Hot History Facts and Hot Fiction

Friday, September 13, 2013

Take Me, Break Me by Cari Silverwood

I like to read books which I feel are unique. It is hard to write something really refreshing considering how many books are out there! I was drawn to Cari Silverwood's Take Me, Break Me. Even though I was worried some of the BDSM scenes would make me squeamish I decided to give it a try. I am sure glad I did! I think Ms. Silverwood did a marvelous job showing a beginning Dom and Sub on their journey together and handled their rocky and sometimes scary introduction into the BDSM community beautifully.

Blurb:

Jodie is scraping the barrel trying to stay afloat. An idea arrives that could rescue her finances and bring her together in a kinky way with a man she never gave up on. She's terrified and fascinated, and tempted as hell.

Capture fantasies rule her eBook. Re-enacting one in a documentary would surely be irresistible viewing to millions of women?

But Jodie and Klaus discover that underneath an ordinary man dark desires may lurk. What will win in the end? The man and lover, or the monster?

Warning: Capture fantasy; dubious consent; anal play; M/f as well as one m/f/f/m scene; BDSM themes including caning, spanking, bondage, and needle play. Also contains one beginner Dom who is exploring sadism but is still working out how and when to stop.

Review:

I'm not really that in to BDSM but the premise of making a capture fantasy documentary hooked me interest. This story is well written with Klaus and Jodie both being well developed and relatable characters, besides the smoking hot romance.

I liked that the novel switched back between the hero and heroine's first person accounts of what was happening. I've never seen inside both the Dom and Sub in the same book before. Ms. Silverwood really dug deep into the psychological aspects of BDSM and pulled it off well.

The BDSM scenes got a little too dark for my tastes. The couple tried just about everything from caning to needles to a menage. It was an eye-opening and refreshing read.

I give Take Me, Break Me Book 1 in the Pierced Heart Series *** 4 stars. If you like BDSM I highly recommend this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment