A fun and sexy dessert for summer are fresh fruit tarts. I love tarts. In fact, I could eat them until I got sick, lol. They have berries in them so that actually makes them healthy, right?
Here is an easy recipe for those yummy tarts!
French Fruit Tart
By Superkbb at en.wikipedia [Public domain], from Wikimedia Commons
A traditional French fruit tart will impress at any dinner party or special homemade meal for two.
Surprisingly simple to make, the secret to success is all in the way you dress it.
Sweet pastry tart cases
8 ounces mascarpone cheese
1/4 cup double cream
1/4 cup granulated sugar
3 1/2 - 4 cups assorted berries, rinsed and dried well, blueberries, raspberries, kiwi and strawberries
3 tablespoons raspberry jelly
How to make:
1. Follow the recipe to make sweet pastry cases and allow the tart cases to cool.
2. In a large mixing bowl, beat the mascarpone cheese, double cream, and sugar together.
3. Beat until smooth and spoon mixture into the tart case ensuring it is smooth - you can use a spatula or the reverse side of a spoon to help with this.
4. Put the raspberry jelly into a small saucepan and melt it on a low heat.
5. Put this to one side and arrange the chopped kiwi, blueberries and raspberries and halved strawberries on top of the mascapone.
6. Use a brush to glaze the fruits with the melted jelly. Store at room temperature or chill in the fridge for one day before serving for best results.
I have had a fun time hopping and picking up new tasty recipes. I hope you have, too. This is my last Summer Chillin' recipe. But the blog hop will be back next summer. If you would like to check out all the recipes in the Summer Chillin' Blog Hop this link will take you to the list of participants.
Thanks for stopping by. I hope you've satisfied your appetite. :)