Hot History Facts and Hot Fiction

Monday, June 15, 2015

Making #Writing a Habit and #SexytoGo



I'd like to say I'm addicted to writing. If I don't write something or do something else creative every day then I get depressed. Writing is a lifeline for me. However, I've gotten out of the habit. Elder care is draining mentally, physically, and emotionally. I didn't feel like I had anything to put to paper.

I need to start writing daily again. I need to make time to write. Now that I'm not spending hours on end taking care of my grandparents it should be easy. Unfortunately, I'm finding it is still a chore. It isn't that I don't want to write, but other things take time.

I need to clean house, do laundry, wash the dishes etc. Oh, and the weeds in my garden are like ten feet tall, and I'm pet sitting for my neighbors. Little things pop up and by the end of the day I realize I haven't written very much. This is frustrating.

My writing partner Eva Lefoy invited me to be a part of her Sexy to Go anthologies and issued me a monthly writing challenge. The sexy monthly installments force me to at least write a short story every month.

Now that I've got that under my belt I feel like I'm ready to write something longer every month to go along with the short story. It is a slow process, but my goal is to build up my monthly word count to 50k. I have won Nanowrimo. I know it is possible for me to write 50k a month.

I just have to make writing a priority. Writing is a creative passion, yes. But I also want to make writing my business, my career.

No comments:

Post a Comment