Hot History Facts and Hot Fiction

Monday, January 5, 2015

#NewRelease To Eternity by Daisy Banks #paranormal #romance



I'd like to congratulate my friend Daisy Banks on her new release To Eternity. She's here to tell us a bit about it. Welcome, Daisy.


A Happy New Year to you and all your readers. Thank you so much for hosting me and helping me celebrate the release of my new book To Eternity, the second book in the Timeless series.


The development of the story from Timeless into this next book To Eternity challenged me as a writer in so many ways, but I loved the characters and they helped me through.


I hope those of you who enjoyed meeting Magnus and Sian in Timeless will enjoy this next step in their story. I hope those of you meeting them for the first time in To Eternity will want to find out about their past in Timeless.


I am presently in the process of writing Out of Time, Book Three in the series and hope to have it completed this year.
To Eternity-wild beneath the moon- Book Two in the Timeless Series.
To Eternity
Blurb
For four centuries Magnus has lived according to the dictates of the moon, his heart isolated by the domination of his wolf nature. Now fate has brought the beautiful, independent Sian to his house at Darnwell and their irresistible attraction has exploded into a white-hot passion. Yet she is not wolf, and the time has come for her to embrace the change. But once she completes the ritual and claims her place next to Magnus, the rivals will appear on the horizon…
Excerpt


Thank God. No claws.


Magnus examined his hand, a man’s hand, before he clasped Sian’s offered palm and met the massive dark pupils in her gaze as she set the padlock down. Naked, grimed by the process of transformation, he used her help to haul himself up from the floor.


She slipped the silver necklace with the key to his chains inside her shirt.


He grimaced as he wiped the scraps of crusty dust left after his transformation from his arms. October’s full moon had proved nothing like the last. This time there was no delightful shared dream.


Instead, Sian had met more of the wolf he carried within him.


Heaven help him, tonight she bore an injury to attest an encounter he couldn’t recall.


God.


He gritted his teeth. His gaze fixed on her. “What happened?” He nodded to her bandaged arm dreading her answer. “How did you get hurt?”


“Here, Magnus.” Sian draped a warm robe around his shoulders. “I’m fine.” She glanced to her arm. “This, it’s not more than a scratch.”


He staggered away from the cage, where the beast spent his days, leaning on her for support. “I scratched you?” he managed to ask, begging for confirmation of his fears.


“It was my fault. I got too close to the bars. We’ll get you to the bathroom, then I’ll go make us something to eat.”


He dragged one slow step after another. Sian slipped her arm around his waist, and with her help, he made it along the corridor to the bathroom. She opened the faucet on the bath while he drank two glasses of water. All the time, he kept his gaze on her.


“You bathe, I’ll go cook. Please, Magnus, don’t worry.” She smiled. “We’ve survived this month’s full moon.”


He ached to kiss her, but not like this, not with the grime of transformation ingrained on his skin. She deserved better. Sian—his goddess, the woman he’d die to protect—deserved the best he could give her. “We’ll talk after I bathe.”


She nodded so her thick brandy-colored curls moved to lure his fingers. “Yes. Don’t be troubled.”


Reaching out, he touched the bandage on her forearm. She winced.


“Impossible,” he whispered. “I adore you, but I’ve hurt you.”


“It’s not what you fear. I remain mortal.”


“That’s how I want you to be. How you should be.”


“Hmm.” She turned off the taps. “We have to make a decision, Magnus. I’d like us to decide soon. I can’t bear this. Everything would be solved if…”


“I know. After I bathe, you can tell me what happened while we eat.”


Sian placed a kiss on the end of her finger and pressed it to his lips before she left. His heart ached for her hopes, for her confidence that she could make all well. He dropped the grubby robe, climbed into the tub, and closed his eyes. This full moon had pushed the usual boundaries. The additional power of Samhain seemed to have supercharged his appetite, but there was more than he’d anticipated. Though often he returned from transformation confused, his body still attuned to the senses of the wolf, this evening every muscle clenched tight, filled with lactic acid, as though he’d been rigid since Friday night when the full moon shifted his consciousness. Somehow, in his transformed state as the wolf, he’d spent hours fighting to keep himself still. The reason for such strange behavior in the beast eluded him.


He tilted his head back into the water, so the warmth might ease his corded neck muscles. The sensation of heat welcome, he sank lower in the tub until the water covered his hair. He hoped this would soothe his skin and his pain, but until he spoke with her about what had happened, nothing would pacify his fears. Annoyance that he couldn’t recall the acts of the beast swept through him. There had been times like this before. Even when he’d killed, a savage act any creature should remember, he could recollect nothing beyond the satisfaction of blood. But, if he’d harmed Sian, the wolf would have howled its sorrow until the walls echoed his repentance.


If only there were a way to force himself to remember. Truly, he was cursed.





To read more of Chapter 1 of To Eternity visit my blog http://daisybanks.wordpress.com/





Buy Links


Barns&Noble


Amazon


Amazon UK


http://www.ekensingtonbooks.com/book.aspx/31117





Daisy Banks Links


Blog http://daisybanks.wordpress.com/


Website http://daisybanksnovels.yolasite.com/


Twitter @DaisyBanks16


Facebook http://on.fb.me/18iRC35


Pinterest http://bit.ly/16sF1XG

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for hosting me, Shiloh, and sharing in my release day celebration.

    ReplyDelete