Hot History Facts and Hot Fiction

Monday, September 15, 2014

Grimm Fairytale Excerpt: Bitten by Snake Oil


Bitten by Snake Oil

M/M Historical Western Romance
A retelling of the Grimm Fairytale The Old Man Made Young Again

Working Blurb:

After his wife died four years ago, blacksmith Jed Riker has been fighting his attraction to men. When a sexy medicine show man comes into Tumbleweed, Kansas, Jed buys his potion hoping for a cure, but gets erotically vivid dreams of the perfectly built salesman instead.

He can’t stop thinking of Peter Saint. It takes all his strength and energy to fight the attraction until he finally gives in. Jed and Peter act on his fantasies but the bliss is short-lived. To their detriment the preacher runs the men out of town. The lovers flee, but Jed is unable to leave his feeble mother-in-law without even saying goodbye. He braves the wrath of the riled Christians only to return home to a trap.

Peter has one more potion up his sleeve that will change their lives forever. Can it save them?


Excerpt:

I strolled around to open my blacksmith’s shop and saw Peter Saint standing outside reading my sign.

My stomach knotted. What was he doing here?

“Can I help you?” I asked, unlocking the door.

“Just waiting for you to return.”

He smiled and my heart bucked. For a second I debated whether to stay or flee. His eyes looked very perceptive. After he caught me staring earlier did he know my secret? Was he going to say anything? “Why is that?” I asked, my voice grating my throat.

He smiled and my heart bucked. For a second I debated whether to stay or flee. His eyes looked very perceptive. After he caught me staring earlier did he know my secret? Was he going to say anything? “Why is that?” I asked, my voice grating my throat.

“One of my horses threw a shoe. It should be a simple job.”

I nodded. “Bring him around back and I’ll see if I have a shoe that will fit.”

Mr. Saint led a buckskin mare around the shop. I watched him, hoping I didn’t look to be undressing him in my mind.

“I should have hot coals left,” I said, tearing my gaze away from his wiry body. “I’ll get the fire going again in no time.”

“Good. Good. I haven’t eaten yet. Think I can head to the restaurant and you’ll be done when I’m finished?”

“Sure.” I didn’t want him to leave although it was for the best. I doubted I could keep my mind on my work if he was near, watching me.

Once I got my forge hot it didn’t take me very long to get the mare a new shoe, and then I found myself waiting for her owner to reappear.

No comments:

Post a Comment